The Drainage Engineer is responsible for carrying out both planned and responsive emergency drainage works to the high standards expected at TW Drainage.
1. Respond to booked in and responsive works as allocated
2. Complete works as directed either by way of works description or from a manager
3. Ensure work is carried out using correct tools and obeying by health and safety rules
4. Sign off completed works immediately on completion of each job, prior to beginning your next job
5. Monitor and ensure cleanliness and maintenance of company property
6. Be available for any health and safety training, skill training and toolbox talks
7. Adhere vehemently to all company policies and procedures
8. Direct any queries to your line manager in the first instance
– Competence in using key drainage equipment inclusive of Sani-Snake and Jetter
– Proven experience working on both internal and external blockages
– Proven experience using electro-mechanical drainage equipment
– A keen eye for detail
– A problem-solving attitude
– Presentable and professional appearance
– CSCS Card
– High Pressure Water Jetting card
– Confined Space certification
– Health & Safety certification
– Full uniform and PPE provided
– 20 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
– Annual leave is increased after 3 years continuous service at a rate of 1 day per year, up to a maximum of 5 extra days
– Employee of the Month scheme
– Company events
– Company pension
– Opportunity to work overtime and participate in a call-out rota
Health and Safety training is paramount to ensure safe working practices. To this end, you will be given full in-house training on the following modules, along with monthly toolbox talks on key areas:
– Manual Handling
– Asbestos Awareness
– Working at Height
– Abrasive Wheels
– Blood-Borne Viruses and Infections Control
– Lone Working
– Low risk Confined Space
All candidates will be subject to checks and this is a condition of their employment with TW Drainage. These checks will include a driving licence check (if applicable) along with a basic DBS. We also require previous employment references, and confirmation of your right to work within the UK.
Hours of Work:
40-hour standard working week Monday-Friday. Optional overtime and call-out rota.
Minimum starting salary of £26,000 (depending on experience), with uncapped earning potential based on overtime requirements.
To apply for this position, please contact in the first instance with your CV:
About TW Drainage
Our mission statement is to solve any problem presented to us and complete the work to the highest of standards. We believe our attention to detail is the basis of our success. We put our clients first and our aim is to perform on-time and in-budget – every time.
We are committed to providing an outstanding service, regardless of what may be involved, and if we cannot do it, the chances are it cannot be done. Our engineers are trained to the highest industry standards in their respective trades and we use the latest technology to ensure that we can always provide a solution, and that you receive the best service possible.
We aim to create a ‘family’ feel within the workplace, and emphasis on company culture is key to ensure a happy and fulfilled workforce.